Rice Paper - A Sound Environmental Alternative
- Unlike wood-pulp paper, rice paper does not require that any trees be cut down.
- Harvested from the branches of the paper mulberry tree, rice paper is not actually made from rice, but from the bark of the tree. It does not harm the health or growth of the tree.
- Rice paper is stronger and more durable than commercially made wood-pulp paper.
- Rice paper is dyed naturally, eliminating the use of harsh chemicals.
- No bleach is used to lighten the paper - it is naturally pure white.
- Rice paper is harvested, dyed and printed by hand to ensure quality.
(Most rice paper is shipped folded in a box or envelope.)