Easily refill your empty fountain pen ink cartridges and save money with this blunt tip needle bottle. The top of the bottle features a blunt tip needle that is attached to a screw off lid. The rubbery tip that covers the blunt needle helps to prevent spills. This round bottle is made of flexible plastic and holds up to 30 ml (1 oz) of ink. (Ink, cartridges, funnel & accessories are sold separately.)
- Put some ink into the needle bottle - a small funnel can be used to make this easier.**
- If you are changing ink colors it would be a good idea to clean your fountain pen and rinse out your empty cartridge with water first. A blunt tip needle bottle filled with clean water is a good way to rinse out ink cartridges. You may want to let the cleaned pen and ink cartridge dry overnight before you refill them.
- Insert the blunt tip needle through the small opening on the end of the cartridge down towards the bottom end of your empty cartridge. This way as you fill the cartridge the air will naturally come out the top.
- Gently squeeze the needle bottle and fill the cartridge or converter not quite to the top with ink. Remove the needle from the cartridge while you are still squeezing the bottle. Top off the ink in the cartridge if necessary.
- Put the refilled ink cartridge into your fountain pen and you're finished!
**Note: The opening on the top of this bottle is quite small. To fill the bottle with ink you will need a small funnel, eyedropper, another needle bottle or something similar. If you are using the small funnel
from the Writer's Bloc store, place the narrow end of the funnel into the top of the open bottle. Fill the funnel about 3/4 of the way with ink. Gently lift the funnel a tiny bit upwards from the top of the bottle (only about 1/16 of an inch is necessary) to allow the air out of the bottle. The ink will then fill the bottle.